Welcome to the Official Site of the Brownsville & Matamoros Express Bridge!
Opened in 1910, the Brownsville & Matamoros (B&M) Bridge was the first permanent bridge across the Rio Grande.
We have been constantly improving and upgrading our facilities and service to the public ever since. And now, with the addition of our new Xpress Card Plus, travel to and from Mexico will be even quicker and easier.
The B&M Bridge aslo offers a bypass that gives cars access to the bridge when a train is blocking Calle Sexta in Matamoros. The railroad bridge is also continuously being upgraded with improvements to structure and image.
In 1999 the Texas Historical Commission and the Cameron County Historical Commission dedicated a state historical marker recognizing the bridge’s historical significance. Always attentive to customers and fiscally conservative for its owners, the company envisions becoming the standard of excellence in the international toll industry.